Do you love hot rods, custom bikes, burlesque and an all-round retro flavour? Then be sure to catch the first official Rockabilly Festival to be held in South Africa, hosted by Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells in Cape Town, on 9 November 2013.
What’s it all about? Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells were inspired to create a platform where all the related aspects of Rockabilly culture can be celebrated together – from classic cars, a dirt track to the thrills of the roller derby, fashion to food, not to forget enough live music and other entertainment to take festival goers all the way from noon to midnight.
One of the highlights of the festival will be the Dickies Dirt Track, where festival goers can register their classic car or custom bike for a ride on a typical dusty track. True rebels will remember the iconic Dickies brand. Born in America as a rough and tough clothing brand, it was adopted by motor-heads who weren’t willing to compromise on style, all while getting the job done.
Red Bull will be supplying the sound track for the day accompanied by some of Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells finest DJs. With Hellfire supplying the sound and Marshall Music – ‘setting the tone’ they guarantee great live performances from the entertainment line up.
• Them Tornado’s
• Th’Damned Crows
• The Carniwhores
• The Pits
• Lonesome Dave
• The Vodun Haunts
• The Ratrod Cats
• Longtime Citizen
• The Dixie Pricks with Ann Jangle
• Oh Mercy
• DJ Fred Spider
• Rockabilly Rhythm Radio
• Shake some Action DJs
Other entertainment includes:
• Burlesque shows by Lady Magnolia’s Bevy of Beauties, Black Orchid Burlesque & Demi Monde
• Roller Derby
• Bike Polo game
• Art Exhibition by Am I collective
• Tattoo artists
• Food – NOB (no ordinary burger), Baguette Sandwiches, Lady Cupcake, Limoncello, The Soft Machine, Pancakes, pop-corn, Juicebox doing some cocktails, and more..
• Bar – Sedgwick’s Old Brown
• Clothing and Accessories – Mandy Miss-Happ Bronner, Boothill, Daniel Fuller Jewellery, Jeez Louise, Mr Helmet; Greasers, Time, and a few moths, Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells, Rougue Revue
• Hair & Beauty- Scar and MAC, Nail Boutique
• Tattoo artists – Wildfire Tattoos
• Flea market
• Vintage signage and memorabilia – Detroit Vintage Memorabillia
• Skate & Surfboard – Dutchie Surf Designs
• Cars & Bikes – Los Muertos Motorcycles , the House of Machines
• Swop shop
Here are the details:
Date: Saturday 9th November (gates open 12pm) until midnight (with an option sleep over)
Venue: Cape Town Ostrich Ranch (25 minutes outside of Cape Town on the N7)
Tickets: available from Webtickets here
– R150 (adults over 18)
– R50 for children (3-12yrs must be supervised)
– R 200 (over night sleepover)
Cape Town at Night are giving away 2x double tickets to 2 lucky individuals to attend “Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells Rockabilly Festival” at Cape Town Ostrich Ranch on Saturday 9th November 2013.
To enter you must complete the the following steps.
Step 1 of 3:
Complete the entry form below (we need your details to contact you).
Step 3 of 3:
Post on Twitter or Facebook. For Twitter, tweet the following… For Facebook, share any of “Rockabilly Festival” posts found on our fan page here with the following comment… “I’ve entered to WIN tickets with Cape Town at Night to attend #RockabillyFestival presented by Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells – enter here http://www.capetownatnight.co.za/rockabilly-festival“ If you’ve completed these 3 steps you have been entered into the lucky draw. Better your chances of winning and retweet and share as much as possible…
Terms & Conditions: You must be over the age of 18. The competition closes at 3pm (15:00) on Wednesday 30th October. Winners will be notified by 5pm (17:00) via Email the same day (Wednesday 30th October). The prize is for 2 tickets (as a pair) to 2 (two) individual winners to attend “Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells Rockabilly Festival” at Cape Tow Ostrich Ranch on Saturday 9th November 2013. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.