Synergy Live has brought us the likes of The Prodigy, Amy Winehouse, Public Enemy, Snoop Dogg and the Wu Tang Clan, and has now included the likes of dubstep trail blazers Foreign Beggars and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus to the line-up.
The group Foreign Beggars comprimising of Orifice Vulgatron, Metropolis, DJ Nonames and Dag Nabbit evolved from an underground hip hop group to an electronic crossover act of mega proportions! Their legendary live show has left crowds fevered and frenzied as the group seamlessly blend grime, drum, bass and rap music.
Foreign Beggars won “Best New Act” at the 2004 UK Hip Hop awards and were voted best group at the Lyric Pad Hip Hop awards in 2005. They were nominated for best European Hip Hop Act at the 2010 Urban Music Awards, alongside nominees Roots Manuva, Ken Ring, Professor Green, La Fouine and Tinie Tempah. In 2012, they were broadcast live on computers, iPhones, and iPads for the iTunes Festival 2012, as an opening act for Deadmau5.
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus play melodic hard rock that makes room for punk and power-pop influences. Frontman Ronnie Winter’s emotional vocals get the band classified as “emo” by some, but their brand of earnest, “angsty rock” is more closely aligned to that of groups like Hoobastank or Linkin Park.
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus formed in 2003 near Jacksonville, Florida by childhood friends Ronnie Winter and Duke Kitchens who started the band while attending an AP music theory class, in 2001. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus was officially formed in 2003 after the addition of other members that were currently in other bands. The band name, ‘Red Jumpsuit Apparatus’, was chosen by the band voting for random words they threw on a wall.
Here are the details:
Date: Friday 29 November through to Sunday 1 December
Venue: Theewater Sports Club, Theewaterskloof Dam, Western Cape
– GPS 34°01’32.54” S – 19°15’45.65” E
From Cape Town:
• Proceed east on the N2 for about 68km (past Somerset West and over Sir Lowry’s Pass).
• Exit the N2 left at the R321/Grabouw off-ramp onto the R321.
• Proceed on the R321 heading towards Villiersdorp (the R321 becomes the R45 and you drive over the dam).
• About 2km before Villiersdorp, exit the R45 right onto the R43.
• Take your first right onto Old Caledon Road.
• Look for signs.
– Full Weekend Pass (Friday – Sunday) – R620 – At the gate (from 10am)
– 2 Day Pass (Saturday & Sunday) – R500 – At the gate (from 9am)
– 1 Day Pass (Sunday) – R100 – At the gate (from 9am)
Ticket Outlets (cash only):
– Full Weekend Pass (Friday – Sunday) – R 550
– Creperie & Coffee, The Boardroom, Hout Bay – (021) 790 8132
– Gypsy, Kalk Bay - (021) 788 6802
– Gypsy, Stellenbosch – (021) 976 2604
– Hoodoo Tattoo, Big Bay - (021) 554 4086
– Long Street, V&A Waterfront - (021) 418 6540
– Long Street Boutiquwe, Vineyard Street, Claremont – (021) 671 9846
– Music Moods, Somerset West – (021) 851 0102
– Namaste, Noordhoek Farm Village, Noordhoek – (021) 789 1396
– Sport n Surf, Long Street – (021) 426 4550
– Sport Unlimited, Tokai – ( 021) 701 0044
– The Surf Centre, Canal Walk – (021) 555 4970