Capsicum Culinary Studio – South Africa’s largest chef school – has tasked its chef lecturers to come up with delicious dishes and baking treats for the whole family to enjoy, not only during the current lockdown but also as we ease back into a more normal routine.
Chef Lerato Panyane from the school’s Boksburg campus shares her recipe for the easiest ever oatmeal cookies – perfect to snack on at home or pack in lunchboxes for those returning to school or the workplace.
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
- ¼ cup raisins, coconut, chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 1800 C
- In a bowl combine mashed bananas, oats and your add-in ingredient.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are brown.