The Sunflower Festival will be two days and one night of thundering bass lines, retina melting visuals, amazing psychedelic decor, massive audio visual production, sensational international artists, some of Cape Town’s most sought after acts – will bring you a musical progression fit to start the beginning of the season.
• Captain Hook (Iboga Records)
One of the biggest superstars in the scene. From headlining Burning Man in the United States to Universo Paralello in Brazil – he has achieved legendary status around the world. Heavy bass lines, electrified rhythms and sounds that work like dynamite – the captain sets sails for Cape Town, and will take no prisoners!
• Magneto (Fractal Records)
This Psy veteran has destroyed dance floors all over the world – from Japan to Mexico – Switzerland to South Africa and a slew of releases on labels on Fractal Records, Beyond Logic, Ultravision, Push and loads of releases with Azax Syndrom, Absolum, Dapanji, Smashed and more – He aims to blend a variety of styles, new sounds and guarantees a great experience.
• Class A (Blue Tunes Records)
If you click on Beatport’s top 100 Psy charts – you’ll find on average 5 or 6 Class A tracks or remixes on the charts. This is one you do not want to miss! Pure progressive beats infused with Psy, Electro House elements and fat bass lines are what you can expect.
• Deliriant (Nexus Media)
• Bruce (Nexus Media)
• Shift (Nexus Media)
• Rubix Qube (Spectral Records / The Village Records)
• The Commercial Hippies (Nano Records)
• Tune Raider (Spectral Records / Twenty4seven Records)
• Sway (Beartrap Productions)
• SwiTcHcaChe (PsynOpticz, Spectral, Fractal & MMD)
• Gokon Rave (PsynOpticz)
• Stereotype (psy.ology)
• Archain (Global Army Music – Mexico)
• Disco Volante (PsynOpticz & Nexus Media)
• Twisted Circus (Chemoboy & Sonic Assault)
Here are the details:
Date: Saturday 31st August (gates open 11:00) through to Sunday 1 September 17:00 (5pm)
Venue: Cape Town Ostrich Ranch (25 minutes outside of Cape Town on the N7)
Tickets: R220 Pre-sold via Computicket here or at The Side Show, 11 Mechau Street, Cape Town
Ticket outlets in various areas:
– Ska, Bayside Mall – (083) 954 3391
• Cape Town (City Area)
– Wildfire Piercings, 192 Long Street – (021) 424 0877
– Ska, 161 Long Street – (021) 426 5025
– Ashanti Travel, 11 Hof Street, Gardens – (021) 423 8721
– Gypsy, Long Street, 285A Long Street – (021) 788 6802
• Cape Town (Southern Suburbs)
– Ska, Cavendish Connect, Claremont – (021) 6711367
– Gypsy, 90 Main Road, Kalk Bay – (021) 788 6802
– Ska, Main Road, Kalk Bay – (021) 788 7437
– Gypsy, 147 Dorp St, Stellenbosch – (021) 886 7157
– Springboks, cnr Andringa and Merriman Steet, Stellenbosch – (021) 887 0547
Please also note: As the organisers do foresee a sell out event – they are not advertising “Sunday Tickets” as there is a very high chance that the event will be at a comfortable capacity and would like to ensure the comfort and safety of patrons.
The Cause – The Sunflower Fund
A portion of the proceeds of this event will be donated to The Sunflower Fund to help raise much needed funds for their efforts.
The Sunflower Fund (Friends of the South African Bone Marrow Registry) was formed in 1999 and is a non-profit organisation based in Cape Town, with a vision to give all South Africans diagnosed with leukaemia and other life-threatening blood disorders the chance of life, irrespective of their race and financial circumstances.
For more information on the Sunflower Fund visit www.sunflowerfund.org.za
Right of Admission is reserved.
No fires, pets, bad attitudes, illegal substances, glass bottles, or fireworks allowed.
We’re giving away 2 tickets (as a pair) to 1 lucky person to attend “The Sunflower Festival” at Cape Town Ostrich Ranch from Saturday 31st August to Sunday 1st September. To enter you must do the the following. If you’re on Twitter, tweet the following… If you’re on Facebook…. Share any of The Sunflower Festival posts found on our fan page here with the following comment….
Step 3 of 3:
Complete the entry form below.
Terms & Conditions: You must be over the age of 18, no one will be allowed into the venue without a valid green bar coded ID or Drivers License (no copies or affidavits will be accepted). The competition closes at 8pm (20:00) on Sunday 25th August. Winners will be notified by 12pm (12:00) via Email the following day (Monday 26th August). The prize is for 2 tickets (as a pair) to 1 (one) winner to attend “The Sunflower Festival” at Cape Town Ostrich Ranch from Saturday 31st August to Sunday 1st September. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.